ANNUAL COMMUNITY TREE PLANTING DAY CANCELLED
With the current situation regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus, Rainforest Rescue has decided to cancel our Annual Community Tree Planting day to assist in stopping the spread of this virus.
Given that people travel from all over Australia for our Annual Community Planting Day, as well as some international travelers, we recognise that the health & safety of our staff, supporters and the greater community far outweighs our desire to go ahead with what is a wonderful event we all very much look forward to.
If there’s opportunity for us to hold an event later in the year, we will let you know. Given the uncertainty at this point in time, we will have to wait and see how things progress. It is our hope, of course, that the virus peaks quickly and that fewer people are affected than current projections are suggesting. We will be doing everything in our power to keep our staff safe during this critical time.
While we have your attention, we urge you to please remember that some basic hygiene will assist in stopping the spread:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs – 20 seconds, under jewellery, don’t forget the fingertips
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth, and avoid shaking hands, hugging and kissing
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell – try to stay 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing
If you have any of the following symptoms, please stay at home & phone your doctor for advice on what action to take:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
If you have traveled overseas in the past 14 days, and feel unwell, you should phone your doctor immediately for advice on what actions to take.
For reliable information & updates, please visit the Australian Government Health Department Website or your individual state government health website.
Stay safe, stay healthy & look out for each other 💚
For the rainforests,
Your friends at Rainforest Rescue