Nothing Trivial About It!
When it comes to rescuing rainforests there are so many ways you can help. Our Daintree Supporters Wrangler, Emily Silverstone, helped local Quiz Master Kevin “KStar” Eldridge throw the second Rainforest Rescue Trivia Night fundraiser.
It was awesome!
Emily is awesome. She said, “I’m just so overwhelmed with all the support we received. Everyone who said they were coming came!! It was huge!!”
- Great Barrier Reef Legacy
- Douglas Shire Mayor Julia Leu
- DSSG (Douglas Shire Sustainability Group)
- Douglas Shire Councilors David Carey and Abigail Noli
- Back Country Bliss
- Daintree Discovery Centre
- Tony’s Tropical Tours
- Down Under Tours (who came up from Cairns especially – thanks so much!)
- Le Cher du Monde and Martinique on Macrossan
- Calypso Reef Cruises
- Simone Vinton from Holloway’s Beach Coastal Care (whom we see at the community tree planting every year)
- Solar Whisper Daintree River Cruises – thanks, Martin!
- Bill Wilke – Author of The Daintree Blockade
Emily also wanted to thank “all my beautiful friends who have just been champions to me especially over the last few months!”
Overall there were about 150 people playing including 20 teams.
This is serious trivia!
Thanks to so many of our local business supporters, partners and sponsors. We had lucky door prizes, raffle prizes, kids’ lucky dips, auctions, prizes for the best team name – Periodic table dancers – by GBR legacy and prizes for the winners…and even last place prizes!
Everyone’s a winner!
We had 50 local businesses who contributed to the prize pool! That amounted to roughly $5000 worth of prizes. I know, right?
- Quicksilver Cruise – Outer Barrier Reef cruise
- Sailaway – Sunset cruise
- Reef Sprinter – Low Isles snorkelling
- Indigo – Sunset sailing
- Calypso Reef Cruises – Low Isles snorkelling
- Back Country Bliss – River drift snorkelling
- Out n About Fishing – Half day fishing trip
- Down Under Tours – Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – Entry passes and ‘Zoo Tastic’ experience
- Wildlife Habitat
- Daintree Discovery Centre
- Ocean Safari – Reef Cruise
- Cape Trib Beach House – Overnight accommodation
- Daintree Ice Cream Company – Ice-cream vouchers
- Solar Whisper – Daintree River cruise
- Tony’s Tropical Tours – Full day Daintree Tour
- Bruce Belchers – Daintree River cruise
- Koko Poolside Bar & Kitchen at Peppers Beach Club – Dining voucher
- Lady Douglas – River cruise
- Uplift Water sports – Assorted gifts
- Flames of the Forest – Aboriginal cultural dining experience
- With Sugar – Assorted gifts
- Floral Edge – Gift hamper
- Mirage Country Club – 18-hole golf voucher
- Just Bee Design – Hand printed tea towels
- The Scenic Route – Calendars and gift cards
- Coffeeworks Port Douglas – Gift hamper
- Capinnina – Gelato and desserts vouchers
- BambooShak – Clothing gift voucher
- Moon Glow Jewelry – Gift vouchers
- Bill Wilke – Signed Daintree Blockade book
- Darren Jew – Signed photography book
- Juergen and Stella Freund – Cassowary Canvas Artwork
- Bill Crew – Port Douglas book
- Steven Nowakowski – 2020 calendars and diary
- Katrin Aia – Estonian Massage voucher
- Dukes Doughnuts – Gift voucher
- Daintree Vanilla & Spice – Vanilla products gift pack
- Fenglehorn Sauces – 3 best selling sauce gift bag
- Margit Klammer Port Douglas Day Spa – Aroma Bliss treatment voucher
- Port Douglas Tour Shop – Ceramic palm clock
- Creations by Pip – Handmade necklace
- Whimsy Beads Jewellery – Gift voucher
- Great Barrier Reef Legacy – Photography book, signed John Rumney
Gift hampers, over-night accommodation, reef trips, rainforest tours, river cruises, dining packages, jewellery, gift vouchers, books, artwork…. you name it!
And the prizes to support this super night came from Cape Trib to Cairns… some even approached us and asked if they could donate something in support when they saw we were the beneficiaries of this special trivia night. How good is that?!
It was great to have our new Land Manager and our Nursery Manager there to help out – Grant Morrison and Marine Deliens. It’s good to have them come down from the rainforest from time to time.
Also, a big thanks to Narelle, Emily’s trusty side-kick. Narelle works for Daintree Wonder Tours and Daintree Ice Cream Co (so delicious) and Great Barrier Reef Legacy…Em says she couldn’t have done it without her. Thanks, Narelle!
A huge thank you to Helen and The Central Hotel for having us – and big thanks for their $500 donation as well.
$5830.00 was raised on the night!
Nothing trivial about it.
Big thanks to everyone.
Together we are Protecting Rainforests Forever!
Want more good Rainforest news in your life?
Help Protect Rainforests Forever