Volunteers and Interns
We have a range of opportunities for volunteers and interns to get involved with Protecting Rainforest Forever. We always try and match your skills and experience with our organisational needs to tailor a specific project which will benefit rainforest conservation and be a fulfilling experince for you.
Recent volunteer activities include:
- Seed collection and propogation at our Community Native Nursery in the Daintree
- Analysing a supporter survey
- GIS work to help us better manage map-based rainforest information
- Research into indiginous land rights and Protected Area management
- Running events to engage with supporters
- Designing campaign artwork to raise awareness of rainforest conservation
We also have a couple of formal internship programs, one with the University of Sydney Study Abroad Program, which is normally based in Sydney and supports our partnership program. Interns have worked on projects from green tourism, casowary conservaion partnerships, sustainable businessess, marketing and databases.
We also run an International Postgraduate Internship Program which is a 3 month's full time or 6 month's part time research project. This is normally based at our HQ but also may involve research up in tropical far north Queensland. Our first intern in this program undertook research into invasive species and weed control which helped Rainforest Rescue review best practice in this area and strengthen our policy. For more information on this program and how to apply please email .